The CIO Tech Poll: Economic Outlook 2018 study was conducted to gauge how current economic conditions are affecting tech spending plans among IT leaders. This year's results revealed new findings on the use of Blockchain, DevOps, and had some interesting differences by global region when it comes to trends and events that will impact tech spending.
Key findings include:
- Technology investments are expected to increase in the next 12 months - 57% reporting an increase and only 10% preparing for decreased investment.
- The majority of tech budgets are currently allocated towards solutions to maintain the business (66%). This increases to 70% for North American respondents. Overall, 31% of tech budgets are allocated for growth and innovative solutions.
- When realizing cost savings, organizations plan to reinvest in technologies to support business goals and improve customer satisfaction.
- Although still in it's infancy, blockchain shows opportunity for organizations and the majority have plans to adopt.
- 83% of IT executives say security breaches will have an impact on their future investment plans. GDPR is also expected to have an impact on organizations.
View the infograhic "A Global Look at Shifts in Tech Investments" to dive deeper into the research.
For more information on this study, view the excerpt here